Abandoned Bulgarian Communist HQ (Buzludzha/ Bulgaria)

The Buzludzha Monument was built in 1981 on top of a historical peak in the Central Balkan Mountains. The Bulgarian communist regime created it to commemorate the events in 1891 when the socialists led by Dimitar Blagoev assembled secretly in the area to form an organised socialist movement with the founding of the Bulgarian Social Democratic Party, a fore-runner of the Bulgarian Communist Party.

No longer maintained by the Bulgarian government for lack of financial resources it was left abandoned after the fall of the Iron Curtain in 1989.

via dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...